What exactly is Curbside Service at the library? We are setting up our system to allow Freeport residents to place holds on materials located inside the Freeport Public Library. How will this work? Starting May 12, follow these steps:
Step One: Go to our online catalog and place a hold OR call the library to place a hold. 815-233-3000
Step Two: You will be notified when your items are available for pickup. Make sure your contact information is up to date!
Step Three: After we contact you, come to the library to pick up your items. Pull up to the tables, stay in your vehicle, our team members will verify your identity and retrieve your items for you.
*ALL RETURNS MUST BE PLACED IN THE BOOKDROPS ON THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING CLOSEST TO DEBATE SQUARE*
More Important Details:
- Starting May 12: Holds can be placed.
- We have a small team, and expect a high volume of requests. Please be patient, we will contact you as soon as your items are ready.
- Curbside Pickup will be Monday – Friday, 9 am – 6 pm, AFTER you are notified to come pickup.
- Checkouts are limited to 5. We hope to up this limit when we know we can handle the number of requests we are filling.
- Do you need a library card? Call the library, we will help you get registered.
- We do request that you wear a face covering for the safety of you and our team.
- If you are walking to the library, please be respectful and follow social distancing guidelines and wear a face covering.
- If you are having issues, please call the library. If there is no answer, leave a message with contact information. We will return your call.