Checkout a hotspot!
Hotspots allow patrons to borrow free, mobile Internet access for use at home or while traveling. These devices allow connection of multiple devices to the Internet. The library’s collection includes 7 Wi-Fi hotspots for patron use.
- Users must be 18 years of age or older, have a valid Freeport Public Library card and show a valid state ID to check out a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- First-time users are required to sign an acknowledgement form at the Circulation Desk prior to checkout.
- A Wi-Fi Hotspot comes equipped with a power cord, instruction sheet, and carrying case for which the user is responsible.
- The user assumes responsibility for the cost of repair or replacement in the event that the Wi-Fi Hotspot or its accessories are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- One Wi-Fi hotspot may be checked out per user or household at a time.
- A Wi-Fi Hotspot must be returned in person at the Circulation Desk.
- Freeport Public Library and the City of Freeport do not monitor and have no control over the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content.
- Users are prohibited from using Wi-Fi Hotspots in any way that violates federal, state, and municipal laws.
- Borrowers may not change or delete any account information or settings associated with the Wi-Fi hotspot equipment or accounts.
- The library does its best to provide clean, secure, and fully functional equipment, but is not responsible for unforeseen hardware or software failure.
- The lending period is seven (7) days. Wi-Fi hotspots may be renewed if no other patron has placed a hold.
- There is a $1.00 per day late fee per Wi-Fi hotspot with a maximum fine of $10.
- Users are encouraged to follow safe Internet practices. Freeport Public Library and the City of Freeport are not responsible for personal information that is shared over the Internet.
- After 1 day late the hotspot will be “bricked” or service will be shut off and replacement of hotspot package will be billed to the patron. If the patron returns the equipment before a new replacement has been arranged, we will accept the return of the undamaged equipment.
|Item Included in Hotspot Kit||Replacement Cost|
|Total Replacement Cost:||$70|